Like most homeowners, you probably don’t think about your boiler until there’s a problem. And by then, it may be too late. If you’re noticing any of the following warning signs, it’s time to call in a professional HVAC contractors to take a look at your boiler and see if it needs to be replaced.
1. Your boiler is more than 15 years old: Most boilers have a 15-20 years lifespan. If your boiler is getting up there in age, it’s probably time to start thinking about replacing it. Some do last a lot longer, but the chances are they are not as effective as they could be.
2. You constantly have to call for repairs: If you find yourself always calling for repairs, your boiler is likely on its last legs. It may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than keep paying for repairs in the long run.
3. Your energy bills have skyrocketed: If your energy bills have been increasing even though you’re not using any more heating, it’s a sign that your boiler is becoming less efficient and needs to be replaced. Is it time for another home heating oil delivery sooner than you expected? It could be because the boiler isn’t as efficient.
4. Your boiler makes strange noises: If it is making peculiar banging, hissing, or whistling noises, it could be time for a replacement.
5. There’s no hot water: One of the most obvious signs that your boiler needs to be replaced is if there’s no hot water. This could be due to several factors, but it’s most likely that your boiler is worn out.
6. Your radiators are cold: If they are cold, it could indicate that your boiler isn’t working correctly. This could be due to various factors, but it’s best to call in a professional to take a look.
7. You can see corrosion: If you can see corrosion on your boiler, it’s a sign that it’s reached the end of its lifespan.
8. You have low water pressure: Low water pressure is another sign that your boiler is struggling to hold the pressure. It could be that you just need a part to help correct this issue, but if its always happening, this isn’t great.
9. The pilot light keeps going out: If your pilot light keeps going out, it’s a sign that your boiler is not burning fuel efficiently and needs to be replaced.
10. The boiler is leaking: If your boiler is leaking water, it’s time for a replacement.
If you’re noticing any of these warning signs, it’s time to call a professional and have them take a look at your boiler. Don’t wait until it’s too late – act now to avoid an expensive boiler replacement down the road.