Have you ever given a thought to all the over the counter beauty products and cosmetics that you use on a daily basis? Well most of the ingredients used in these products may not be too good for your skin if used for a prolonged period of time. They might prove effective and give you the glow, softness or grace that you are looking for but may also come with side effects that show up after some time of using them. Infact these products are not too good for the environment as well and after they are washed off, they may pose danger to our surroundings and greenery. It is thus always a better idea to go for green products or herbal products available in the market or create your own at home. Yes, there are many green beauty products that you can make on your own. The following are a few:
- Body Scrub (organic extra virgin olive oil, brown sugar and honey)- Replace your hazardous body scrub with one that you can easily make at home. You can easily find brown sugar, honey and olive oil at home or in the market. Mix them together and use the resultant scrub to exfoliate your face and body. This combination is not just environment friendly but acts as a wonderful moisturizer as well. For scent, you can also add pure vanilla extract or lavender essential oil.
- Moisturizer (organic extra virgin olive oil)- For moisturizing your skin, you can use extra virgin olive oil, but one that is obtained organically. This oil is the purest and the most effective moisturizer for your body, especially during the dry winter months. But make it a point to use only a little bit of it as using too much will prove to be greasy. You can buy organic olive oil of the finest quality from any super store near your house or order it online from established retailer such as Superdrug.
- Antidandruff solution (apple cider vinegar)- Another brilliant green beauty product that can easily be used at home without harming yourself or the environment is apple cider vinegar as a treatment for dandruff. All you have to do is to spray a little bit of the same on your scalp before washing your hair. Leave it there for some time and then rinse it.
- Make up remover (organic extra virgin olive oil)- Organic extra virgin olive oil sure proves to be a super beauty product since it comes handy for many reasons. One of them is that it can be used as a wonderful green make up remover. Not only is it gentle and tender on the skin while removing makeup but also very effective to clean each of the pores.
- Facial moisturizer/razor burn treatment (honey)- If you are looking for a natural solution to razor burns, then there is nothing which works better than honey. All you need to do is to apply 1 or 2 drops of honey to your wet fingertips and then massage them onto where the razor burn is. Make sure you do not rinse but just pat dry. What honey does is that it helps to restore moisture and plumps up the fine lines to lend your face a certain natural glow.
- Diaper rash (coconut oil)- Diaper rashes can really be a problem not just for the babies but also for the concerned parents since very few creams are gentle on the skin of babies. But one green and natural solution to this problem is using coconut oil. Not only it is free from any kind of chemicals but also inexpensive in comparison to the over the counter solutions.
- For dry elbows (lemon)- For treating dry elbows, you can cut a lemon in half and massage it onto each elbow once a day. Dry the elbows with a towel and apply olive oil to moisturize after that.
So now that you know the best green beauty product solutions that can be made at home, ditch your over the counter products and follow this approach. It is important to consider the hazard that cosmetic products cause to the environment and also to your skin. Another added benefit of the above mentioned treatments is that they are inexpensive as well so prove easy to be implemented and applied in day to day life. Every one of the above mentioned products can easily be found at home and if not, they can be purchased online or from a nearby store.